Nippy Cheese Puffs
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, jalapeno and cayenne.
- Drop into 1-in. mounds onto prepared baking sheet 2 in. apart. Sprinkle dough with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.