Nippy Cheese Puffs
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, jalapeno and cayenne.
- Drop into 1-in. mounds onto prepared baking sheet 2 in. apart. Sprinkle dough with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Nippy Cheese Puffs in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009