Next Day Turkey Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup julienned carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 499 calories, 35g fat (21g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 25, 2018
I made this back when it was first published in the magazine and we loved it. I misplaced the recipe after several more times of making it for supper and was very happy to find it here in the Archives on the website... We will once again be enjoying this tonight for supper with fresh, hot garlic bread. ?? Thanks so much for including this great recipe in the Archives... Tamara Ellis ??
Nov 27, 2016
My family and I loved this. Honestly, there wasn't anything I would change about it.
Sep 30, 2015
Another fine recipe that is full of flavor even after modifying it to accommodate a low sodium diet. Instead of regular butter, I use unsalted butter. For the Italian dressing mix packet, I make my own (search the web) and cut the salt immensely. I did include onions when I cooked the carrots. In addition, I also doubled the veggies and pasta but left seasoning, butter, cream and chicken/turkey amounts as indicated in the recipe. I will definitely make this again. I certainly wish ToH would have included the breakdown of sodium, calories, etc. to take out the guessing. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Feb 18, 2015
One of our family favorites. I usually make it with chicken, but use all the other ingredients as listed.
Jan 1, 2015
Excellent, couldn't wait to eat the second day as a leftover again
Jul 20, 2014
Wonderful!! I used whatever veggies I had in the house. The only change I made was to add cornstarch to thicken the sauce. This will be a regular addition to our meal rotation!
Oct 11, 2013
Delicious! I used the left-over turkey from the Slow-Cooked Herbed Turkey recipe, omitted the asparagus and added bell pepper. So good my family added it to our "top 10" meals.
Oct 19, 2012
I am so glad to have found this recipe again. I made it several years ago, and it was wonderful. My husband and 4 kids all loved it.
Jul 26, 2012
This was delicious eventhough I used 2% milk instead of cream which I didn't have. I used a bit of corn starch to thicken it. I think brocolli would work in place of asparagus. I will definately try this again.
Dec 31, 2011
the sauce turned out great, very creamy