New York State Muffins Recipe
These hearty muffins are packed with so many tasty ingredients that they make a great breakfast just by themselves. Or serve them with fresh fruit and ham for a complete hearty meal.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix eggs and oil. Add apples and carrots; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in cranberries and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 237 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for New York State Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC