New York State Muffins
These hearty muffins are packed with so many tasty ingredients that they make a great breakfast just by themselves. Or serve them with fresh fruit and ham for a complete hearty meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix eggs and oil. Add apples and carrots; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in cranberries and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as New York State Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.