New-World Cranberry Molasses
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup instant grits
- 1 can cream-style corn (14-3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely grated Kerrygold cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- In a small saucepan, combine the molasses, cranberry sauce, vinegar, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes; let cool slightly. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce; set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill or broil chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear, basting frequently with barbecue sauce. Remove and keep warm.
- To prepare grits, bring chicken stock to a boil and slowly whisk in instant grits. Add the corn and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken with grits. Drizzle chicken with reserved barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley.