VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup instant grits
- 1 can cream-style corn (14-3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- Preheat grill or broiler. In a small saucepan, combine molasses, cranberry sauce, vinegar, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes; let cool slightly. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill or broil for 5 minutes. Reserving 1/4 cup of sauce in a separate bowl, brush generously with the remaining molasses-barbecue sauce and continue to grill or broil for 10 minutes, brushing on sauce every 2 minutes. Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- To prepare grits, bring chicken stock to a boil and slowly whisk in instant grits. Add the corn and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, divide grits among 4 plates. Place 1 chicken breast on each plate and drizzle generously with reserved barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley, as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as New-World Cranberry Molasses in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2007, p13