New Waldorf Salad
A nice blend of colorful fruits and nuts gives this refreshing salad a great flavor and tempting texture. "The citrusy topping dresses it up perfectly," notes Marie Engwall of Willmar, Minnesota. "It's hard to believe something so easy to fix can be this tasty and attractive."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled green apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pear, grapes, raisins and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon and orange juices, honey and orange zest; pour over fruit mixture and stir to coat. Serve immediately in lettuce-lined bowls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Jan 20, 2011
i love the dressing, very tasty and yummy :)go well with the fruits
May 22, 2008
My husband doesn't normally eat fruit, but has made a exception for this salad.Thank you