New Orleans Brunch Eggs
My husband and I don't have any family nearby, so we often invite friends over for special weekend brunches. Of all the dishes I serve, guests seem to like this the best.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 8 slices grilled ham
- 8 eggs, poached
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms, chopped ham, onions and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour and cayenne pepper. Blend in broth; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. To serve, place a slice of ham and an egg on each muffin half. Spoon sauce over each.
Originally published as New Orleans Brunch Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.