New Mexico-Style Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde, lime juice, cumin, salt and oregano; spread over crust. Top with chicken, corn, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 285 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2010
I love the recipe as-is, and make it this way often. Other times, however, I mix the salsa verde with low fat cream cheese, to make a thicker "sauce". I also like to add black beans. It's a delicious meal!
Oct 10, 2008
Could you please post the recipe because the link is for subscribers only, thank you,
Oct 10, 2008
MMM! Just like the author I had a bunch of leftovers to use up and tried this recipe. It's sooo good! I ran short of the salsa verde and used a chopped up tomato to make up the difference. Was still incredibly yummy. (also omitted the sour cream. you'll never miss it.)