New Mexico-Style Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde, lime juice, cumin, salt and oregano; spread over crust. Top with chicken, corn, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 285 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 16, 2010
I love the recipe as-is, and make it this way often. Other times, however, I mix the salsa verde with low fat cream cheese, to make a thicker "sauce". I also like to add black beans. It's a delicious meal!
Oct 10, 2008
Could you please post the recipe because the link is for subscribers only, thank you,
Oct 10, 2008
MMM! Just like the author I had a bunch of leftovers to use up and tried this recipe. It's sooo good! I ran short of the salsa verde and used a chopped up tomato to make up the difference. Was still incredibly yummy. (also omitted the sour cream. you'll never miss it.)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.