New Mexico Corn Bread
I've seen peppers used in a variety of ways, but this corn bread is one of the more traditional.—Nancy Hill, Edgewood, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 314 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as New Mexico Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.