New England Sweet Potatoes
The sweet potato lovers in my family think this side dish is tops!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out the pulp into a bowl; discard potato skins. Mash potatoes. Add the syrup, ginger, salt and cayenne; mix well. Fold in cranberries. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons pecans for topping. Stir remaining pecans into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.