New England Indian Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 package (3.40 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk cornbread mix, pudding mix and milk until blended. Add eggs, molasses and spices; whisk until combined. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; stir, making sure to scrape the sides well. Cover and cook 1 hour longer. Stir; cover and cook 1 hour longer. Stir; cover and cook until very thick, 30-60 minutes longer. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 330 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
Delicious! Made as directed with two exceptions: used 2% milk instead of whole milk. Used pumpkin pie spice instead of individually listed spices. Would recommend boosting quantity to 2 teaspoons of pp spice if using; 1-1/2 teaspoons results in a mildly spiced pudding. Set timer to stir at intervals of 1 hour, be sure to scrape sides and bottom of slow-cooker each time. This is absolutely delicious, will make again.
Sep 29, 2019
This was outstanding - any way you want to serve it - with ice cream, whipped cream, just some heavy cream poured over it in the bowl or plain! Had a perfect Fall day going and thought this would be a good dessert - it was fantastic and no leftovers! Have been asked to make again this week. Definitely a keeper as everyone loved it!
Sep 25, 2019
What a delicious recipe! It's so good and so easy to make. My daughter liked helping me mix it up. It's really good with ice cream, but it's also great plain!