Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Poultry seasoning to taste
- 1. Cook rice mix according to package directions; set aside.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: Dressing makes enough to stuff a 12-lb. turkey, if desired.
3/4 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1028mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.