Nectarine, Prosciutto & Endive Salad
This tasty combo of fresh ingredients works really well together. The sweet dressing helps make this salad refreshing and addicting. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + cooling
- 7 medium nectarines, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 6 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 6 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Chop one nectarine; slice remaining nectarines and set aside. Place chopped nectarine in a small saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Strain and discard the solids; cool liquid completely. Whisk in the oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, thyme and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, combine the endive, arugula, prosciutto, chives, almonds, shallot, mint and sliced nectarines. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 260 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 13g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Nectarine, Prosciutto and Endive Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.