Nectarine Pecan Salad
Marina Sanders of Altamont, Manitoba shares her fast four-ingredient salad complemented with an easy shake-to-make dressing that's inexpensive and, best of all, made out of items you probably already have in your pantry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 5 medium nectarines or peaches, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, nectarines, pecans and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 18, 2013
I don't normally eat salads with fruit, but the flavor combination here is so good. Makes a lot, great for get-togethers.
Jul 24, 2012
Excellent. Added black beans and had it as main dish.