I sometimes use half a vanilla bean in this dessert. Just scrape the seeds into the baking dish and tuck the pod under the fruit. Either way, this fruity treat is a standout! —Maria Breiner, Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 20 Recipes with Fresh Cherries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium nectarines, halved
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, rum if desired, cornstarch and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place nectarine halves, cut side down over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with cherries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine-Cherry Compote in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p56
Reviews forNectarine-Cherry Compote
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"The most delicious recipe for summer! I used plums from my plum tree instead of the cherries! Great recipe!"