Nectarine Blueberry Tart
To ripen nectarines, place in a brown paper bag along with an apple. Store at room temperature for several days.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- PASTRY CREAM:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt; mix until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For pastry cream, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Beat a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Pour into another small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, without stirring, until chilled.
- Just before serving, pour pastry cream into tart shell. Arrange nectarines and blueberries on top. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 207 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Nectarine Blueberry Tart in Taste of Home's Complete Guide to Baking
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.