Nectarine Blueberry Crumble
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pound ripe nectarines (about 8 large)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup crushed macaroons
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- Peel nectarines and remove pits; cut fruit into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a bowl; add the blueberries, sugar and nutmeg. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss lightly. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and egg white; mix well. Stir in macaroon crumbs and oats. Spoon over the fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 21, 2011
it was tasty but watery
Aug 9, 2010
We had an abundance of nectarines we needed to use, and this was a good way to do that. The combination of blueberries and nectarines was delicious and pretty, and the macaroons added just enough sweetness to the topping. Wish I had twice as many nectarines now so I could make more...a trip to the fruit stand tomorrow!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.