Nectarine Blueberry Crumble
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pound ripe nectarines (about 8 large)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup crushed macaroons
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- Peel nectarines and remove pits; cut fruit into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a bowl; add the blueberries, sugar and nutmeg. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss lightly. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and egg white; mix well. Stir in macaroon crumbs and oats. Spoon over the fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 21, 2011
it was tasty but watery
Aug 9, 2010
We had an abundance of nectarines we needed to use, and this was a good way to do that. The combination of blueberries and nectarines was delicious and pretty, and the macaroons added just enough sweetness to the topping. Wish I had twice as many nectarines now so I could make more...a trip to the fruit stand tomorrow!