One taste of these yummy potatoes and I pestered my friend for months to give me the recipe! The tantalizing blend of flavors complements any festive entree.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cups thinly sliced red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Grease a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Place a third row of the potatoes and tomatoes in dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 223 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Neopolitan Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Aug 17, 2011
After reading the ingredients I expected it to be delicous and I wasn't disappointed. No need to change anything it was perfectly seasoned and very tastey. The only advice I ca give is to drain the tomatoes thoroughly.