- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, divided
- 2-1/2 squares (2-1/2 ounces) white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/3 cup mashed sweetened strawberries
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Divide into three portions, about 1-2/3 cups each. Melt 2 squares semisweet chocolate; stir into one portion of batter. melt 2 squares of white chocolate; stir into second portion. Stir strawberries into remaining batter. Spread semisweet mixture evenly over crust. Carefully spread with white chocolate mixture, then strawberry mixture. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°. Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around edge. Cool; remove from pan.
- Melt remaining semisweet chocolate, remaining butter and 1 teaspoon of shortening; cool for 2 minutes. Pour over cake. Melt remaining white chocolate and shortening; drizzle over glaze Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forNeapolitan Cheesecake
"I love cheesecake. And this one is really good. I like all three of the flavors together in one cheesecake. Its like neapolitan ice cream (only better) for adults. It is a little tedious to get all the flavors mixed up and the chocolate sauce is a bit much, but all in all, its cheesecake. Its supposed to be rich and decadent! The water bath is a must, keeps it from cracking."
"This is an OK cheesecake. It really does not rise very well the way a cheesecake should. The chocolate topping gets too hard and is difficult to eat with the cheesecake. I made it twice; however, same results with having more of a flat cheesecake. The second time I omitted the chocolate topping and frosted it with fresh whipped cream and white chocolate shavings. It was better the second time, but wished it would not be so flat."
"i brought this to a neighborhood gathering and it was such a big hit everyone wanted the recipe so i printed out the recipe and wrote a little note to my neighbors and put them in each mailbox 25 of them truly one of the best cheesecakes ive ever had or made"
"I love this cheesecake. the white chocolate layer is a nice surprise in this yummy cheesecake."
"I have made this a couple of times and the second time I thought "This is even better than I remembered!" I have a reputation among family & friends of being a good cook & pastry chef (thanks to Taste of Home) and this will not disappoint!I didn't bother with the white chocolate drizzle."
"It's a bit more complicated than the average cheesecake, but it's definitely worth the effort. DELICIOUS! I made one small change: instead of pouring the chocolate over the top, I drizzled both the semisweet chocolate and the white chocolate. It looked pretty and the semisweet chocolate didn't overwhelm the other flavors in the cake."