Black olives, feta cheese, and Caesar dressing give Clara Coulston's salad a distinctive Greek flavor. The Washington Court House, Ohio reader likes to make croutons by toasting and cutting up a pre-packaged pizza crust.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion rings, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Navy Bean Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p54