For the annual Christmas open house we host, I set out a buffet with lots of food and candies like these lovely layered treats. They're so creamy...and with a green pistachio layer of pudding peeking out, they're very merry.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio or lemon pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sugar and cocoa. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For filling, beat softened butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar, pudding mix and milk; beat until fluffy. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until firm, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- For topping, microwave chocolate chips and butter on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Napoleon Cremes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p37
Reviews forNapoleon Cremes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2014
"wonderful recipe, but I use vanilla pudding. .just delicious"