- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; return to pot and stir over low heat 1 minute to dry.
- Coarsely mash potatoes, gradually adding butter, sour cream, cheese, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in parsley. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forNanny's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
"I'm going to try the parmesan mash potatoes"
"I made a third of this recipe. Yummy! Will be making these again! I most liked that I could taste the potatoes as the add ins did not overpower them. Traditionally we serve mashed potatoes with roasted cod. These potatoes went very well with the fish."
"These were so yummy and a nice change from the same old mashed potatoes. I did use the frozen potatoes that you micro and mash for simplicity sake (I have toddlers!), but they worked and tasted great!"
"These are delicious. Just made them for supper. Its a keeper."
"Yum! I made a 1/2 recipe."