- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Triple Sec and toss to combine. Let stand, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in fruit mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12x3x1-in. rectangular log. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 13-16 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forNanny's Fruitcake Cookies
"These are a great twist on fruit cake. They are lovely on a plate. The recipe is simple and they are so good."
"Made as directed and these turned out surprisingly moist. Delicious. I'll make them again."