I love wings. I love nachos. Together, they’re the perfect pairing! This recipe earned an award in a wings and ribs contest we held at our summer cottage. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, AB
- 24 chicken wing sections
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Seeded jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Optional toppings: Salsa, sour cream and guacamole
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Dip wing sections in butter, then roll in crushed nacho chips. Bake wing sections in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan until juices run clear, 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 2. Top with cheese, chiles, green onions and, if desired, jalapeno slices. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.
1 piece: 188 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 17, 2019I prepared this recipe 9/16/2019! I'd doubled the amount of butter to 1 cup, used 9-3/4 oz. package of nacho tortilla chips, 7-oz. Cheddar cheese blend, shredded, 1 bunch green onions (about 1/2 cup), sliced, and used 4 lb. of chicken wings. I think this recipe worked out well! I did use the jalapeno pepper slices and the chopped green chiles! Sampling 4 of these wings, I found them delicious!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC