- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 7 ounces fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place Tater Tots in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Remove from pan and set aside. In same skillet, add diced tomatoes and cheese. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until blended and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over Tater Tots. Sprinkle with chorizo and black beans.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with jalapenos, cilantro and green onions. Top with avocado and tomato. Serve with sour cream.
1 serving: 378 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1152mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 26, 2018
Easy and soooo good!
May 31, 2018
This was really good. I got an oh my gosh this is good from the hubby and this needs to be added to the rotation from the 16 yr old. One change, added olives.
Apr 27, 2018
Family really liked this dish. Great blend of flavors. Would be too hot for my bunch as is so put jalapenos on the side for the couple who like it hot! I used regular sausage and if you want to dial it down even more use regular diced tomatoes without the green chiles.
Sep 30, 2017
My husband hates tater tots, I think just the name, so I cooked them then mashed them down so they didn't look like what they are cooked it all, did not use Velveeta, but used pepper jack cheese and it was a huge hit. Made this for the Bears/Packers football game and was almost gone before I could get a taste.
Sep 28, 2017
My guys loved this, in fact they devoured the entire 9x13 pan for dinner! I did change one ingredient because I don't care for velvetta, so I used grated cheddar cheese. Since I used grated cheese I had to change the assembly, but still used the same ingredients. Instead of melting the cheese into the rotel, I added the rotel and beans to the chorizo. After the tots were done baking, I sprinkled on some of the cheese, then the chorizo mixture, finally the rest of the cheese on top. It was delicious! I was told not to lose the recipe :D