- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forNacho Pie
"Really tasty for such few ingredients. I omitted the beef (vegetarian option!) and swapped the mozzarella for cheddar. Very good and a repeat request at our house."
"My husband loved this recipe. I changed a few items: I added one envelope of taco seasoning to the ground beef and used cheddar cheese. I have cooked for many years and can read a recipe and know what I should change to make it to my taste.I will absolutely make this recipe again."
"I used cheddar cheese and this was very good. Puting chips around the edge as in the picture was a good idea to make it more snackable. Julie, San Diego"