Nacho Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Cook gemelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
- Drain gemelli; add to beef mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
Nov 2, 2013
Tastes great and easy to make
Jun 16, 2012
SO quick and SO delicious!
Jan 7, 2010
My family loved this. I'll make this again and next time I'll add 1/2 cup of black beans along with the corn. I used whole wheat pasta and skim milk. It was great. Served with a green salad, the casserole tasted like soft tacos. Delicious!
Feb 4, 2009
made AS is - YUMMY kids loved it
Nov 26, 2008
This was pretty good. Next time I make this, I will use a can of rinsed black beans instead of the corn. I didn't care for the sweetness the corn added. BTW, this does not taste like mac n cheese; which is probably why I liked it. I also did not use the red peppers. The children all liked this as well.