- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Cook gemelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
- Drain gemelli; add to beef mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forNacho Mac 'n' Cheese
"Tastes great and easy to make"
"SO quick and SO delicious!"
"made AS is - YUMMY kids loved it"
"This was pretty good. Next time I make this, I will use a can of rinsed black beans instead of the corn. I didn't care for the sweetness the corn added. BTW, this does not taste like mac n cheese; which is probably why I liked it. I also did not use the red peppers. The children all liked this as well."