Nacho Chicken Pitas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place crushed chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with chips. Place in a single layer in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Spread mayonnaise inside pita halves; line with lettuce. Fill with chicken and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
Jan 8, 2017
We really love this recipe. I've made a Nacho Chicken Casserole for years but my boys weren't as excited about it as I was as a kid. This recipe updated my nacho chicken into something my boys love!
Mar 15, 2011
I just made these for dinner and they were delicious. Very quick and simple to prepare and I served them with deli potato salad.
Jan 13, 2011
This has become my husband's new favorite meal! So good and so easy. A tip to make this quicker with less cleanup is to crush the chips in a large zip bag. Once you have all of the chicken pieces coated with egg, toss them all in the bag, seal and then shake to coat the chicken in the chips. I also add a little bit of ranch dressing to the egg mixture and we drizzle the finished product with ranch. YUMMY!
Nov 20, 2009
This has become the recipe I'm famous for with my friend's kids. :) So easy and yummy, especially with little picky eaters.