- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, peppers, soup, salsa and chili powder. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forNacho Chicken & Rice
"My husband and I thought this was just ok, very mediocre. We put shredded cheddar cheese on top and that helped. I think part of the problem may have been that I had to use condensed cheddar cheese soup since my grocery store didn't have any nacho cheese soup. For now I'm rating it 3 stars, but I will try it again when I find the nacho cheese soup and update the rating."
"Husband loved it, I wasn't crazy about it but still liked it."
"Great to have cooking and done when dinnertime is here!"
"This recipe is amazing! It made my apartment smell heavenly while it was cooking and tasted just as great. Only suggestion would be to add a little bit of salt. Otherwise great recipe! I added some onions too."
"I just served this to my family and it is a Hit! easy to make, serve and enjoy. We will certainly be having it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"I thought this recipe was yummy and easy to make. I served it over rice and topped it with some shredded cheese, extra salsa, and sour cream. Served with tortilla chips on the side. My family loved it."
"I've made it on brown rice and on potatoes and all are great! Oh and on biscuits"
"Just wondering what you used for "southwest-style" condensed soup. I didn't seem to find one close to that in the store...Thanks for the help!"
"i think i would also add a can of rotel to this. it was very delicious as is, though!"