Nacho Cheese Twists
I like to serve these cheesy twists as an appetizer. But they would also pair well with a bowl of chili. Frozen puff pastry makes them easy to prepare.—Tammy Miller, Largo, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, salsa and olives. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of cheese mixture over half of pastry. Fold plain half over filling; press gently to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle into twelve 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Combine egg and water; brush over twists. Lightly sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 242 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Nacho Cheese Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009