I like to serve these cheesy twists as an appetizer. But they would also pair well with a bowl of chili. Frozen puff pastry makes them easy to prepare.—Tammy Miller, Largo, Florida
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, salsa and olives. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of cheese mixture over half of pastry. Fold plain half over filling; press gently to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle into twelve 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Combine egg and water; brush over twists. Lightly sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Nacho Cheese Twists in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p102