N’Orleans Shrimp with Beans & Rice
Thirty minutes is all it takes to place this tasty shrimp dish on the table. It quick for weeknight meals, but special enough for guests. —Elaine Holmes, Brandon, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic.
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onion in 3 tablespoons butter mixture until tender. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated and shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute remaining onion and Creole seasoning in remaining butter mixture. Add rice and beans; heat through. Serve with shrimp.