- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Lemon wedges
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic powder and paprika. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add broth, lemon peel and remaining lemon juice to skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Serve with chicken, lemon wedges and, if desired, rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMy Mother's Lemony Chicken with Broccoli
"I doubled this recipe for 7 including 2 young, hungry men. It was a hit. I used bottled lemon juice and lemon zest from the spice rack."
"This was very quick to prepare. I just used bottled lemon juice and left out the lemon zest, but will try it next time with a fresh lemon."