My Husband’s Favorite Omelet
My husband asks me to serve this super-easy omelet at least once a week. As you can imagine, during our more than 40 years of marriage, I've made this dish too many times to count!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 thin slices process American cheese
- Beat eggs with milk just until combined. Stir in vegetables, bacon, salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat butter until it sizzles; turn pan to coat bottom and sides. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, transfer to a warm platter and top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 378mg cholesterol, 1447mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as My Husband's Favorite Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.