My Favorite Burger for 2
After eating a burger like this at a diner years ago, I tried to lighten up the sandwich without losing the great flavors. Now I can enjoy one more often without feeling guilty! —Kris Swihart, Perrysburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- On a greased grill rack, grill the patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from heat for 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.