- 2 packages (19 ounces, each) Johnsonville® Hot or Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernal corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned.
- Add onions and garlic; continue to cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in beer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Reviews forMVP Chili
"This chili was really good. My hubby, who is "blah" about most every food, said it was delicious, so this recipe is a keeper! I had made it once before, and found the sausage flavor a little overwhelming. This time I used half sausage/half ground chuck. Perfection! Looking forward to left-overs for supper tonight!"
"Hate to disagree with you JWJIII but kidney beans are a "YANKEE" staple. Have never used Pinto, but will try per your suggestion."
"Very tasty! Didn't follow recipe exactly but it was still delicious. I added green pepper and celery, 2 cans of kidney beans, no black beans. Didn't need salt and pepper. Will do this one again!"