Mustard Salmon Puff
Perlene Hoekema of Lynden, Washington suggests, "This recipe is a delicious way to use leftover salmon."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cups fully cooked flaked salmon
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and sour cream until smooth. Add the bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, lemon-pepper and dill. Stir in the salmon, celery, onion and lemon juice.
- Transfer to greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. In a small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spread over salmon mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley.