Mustard Lover's Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/3 cups yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 pounds chicken legs or thighs
- Cucumber slices, optional
- Hot peppers, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir until thoroughly combined; remove from the heat. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes. Brush with sauce. Continue basting and turning chicken several times for an additional 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Garnish with cucumbers and peppers if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Mustard Lover's Grilled Chicken
"I am not a mustard lover. I just sort of think it's okay but I had a lot of mustard I wanted to use up so I thought I'd try this. I divided the sauce so that most of it I used for basting and a little reserved for dipping. We did grill it on the bbq (very important) and it was fantastic! This really mellowed the flavors. My daughter hates mustard, but I still make her at least taste everything I cook. She loved it so much she picked the bones clean. We all thought the sauce as a dip was too strong but it turned out the chicken, when basted a few times with the sauce during cooking, doesn't need the sauce as a dip also. So even if you aren't a real mustard lover, you might still like this chicken on the grill. Grilling just seems to take everything to the "next level.""