Mustard Grilled Steaks
For a new idea for the grill, try this steak. Your family will be impressed at how delicious this is.—Sharon Kraeger, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, cut into 4 thick slices
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Brush over both sides of the steaks and onion slices. Grill over hot heat, turning once, 15-20 minutes or until steaks have reached desired doneness and onion is tender. Brush occasionally with sauce during grilling. Serve onion slices alongside each steak.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Originally published as Mustard Grilled Steaks in Country Woman May/June 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.