This is an amazing coleslaw that tastes good with any meal. I especially like serving it with barbecue pork sandwiches.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 medium heads cabbage (about 4 pounds), shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, sour cream, ketchup, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne. Stir in the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, green pepper, carrot and celery. Add desired amount of dressing; toss until well coated. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 103 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mustard Coleslaw in Taste of Home June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.