Mustard Chicken Breasts
Curry powder, lemon juice, honey and mustard make a lip-smacking sauce for paprika-sprinkled chicken that is cooked in the microwave. The made-in minutes main dish is a favorite with my family, and I'm sure it will be with yours, too. -Tina Footen, Nampa, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Arrange chicken in a 9- or 10-in. microwave-safe pie plate, with the thickest side toward the outside of the plate. Sprinkle with paprika; top with lemon slices. Cover and microwave, on high for 6-8 minutes, rotating dish a half turn once.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
- Drain chicken; top with sauce. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 minutes until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Jan 19, 2012
I baked this in the oven for 45 minutes. The sauce was very good, even though I forgot the onion. I marinated it overnight. The next time I will use boneless skinless breasts. This reminded a lot of bbq.