Mustard Cheese Spread
Wrapped up in a basket with crackers and a decorative spreader, this tangy cheese spread is a distinctive hostess gift. It's also good used as a dip for raw vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the onion, garlic, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Spread onto an 8-in. serving platter; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 109 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mustard Cheese Spread in Country Woman Christmas 2001