Mustard Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a Dutch oven, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallots in butter until tender. Add the cream, mustard, salt, tarragon and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain sprouts; add cream mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 121 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mustard Brussels Sprouts
"My husband loves, loves loves Brussel Sprouts. Me....not so much. So, I am always looking for Brussel Sprout recipes. This one was great! easy to make and flavorful. Don't leave out the tarragon! It elevates the sauce!"
"This was delicious and I love Brussel sprouts"
"Very delicious. I don't usually like brussel sprouts. But with this recipe, I will be eating them a lot more."