You’ll love the tangy and subtly sweet blend of mustard and bourbon in these tasty, no-fuss kabobs. Make a little extra marinade and serve them with a side of brown rice. Barbara White - Katy, Texas
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or apple cider
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, bourbon and soy sauce. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- If grilling the pork, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Bourbon Kabobs in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p45