Mustard Baked Ham with Gravy
My mom made this dish often when I was young—and my husband's mother did the same in her kitchen! It's remained an all-time favorite in our home.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Combine flour, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. stir in water and vinegar to form a paste; spread 1 teaspoon on each side of ham steaks.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour milk over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If milk gravy is desired, transfer ham to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve immediately with ham.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1851mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Mustard Baked Ham with Gravy in Country Pork