VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Combine flour, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. stir in water and vinegar to form a paste; spread 1 teaspoon on each side of ham steaks.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour milk over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If milk gravy is desired, transfer ham to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve immediately with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Baked Ham with Gravy in Country Pork 1996, p83