- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir preserves and mustard until preserves are melted; set aside.
- Place pork chops on a lightly greased broiler pan; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Brush with half of the glaze; turn chops. Broil 4-5 minutes longer; brush with the remaining glaze. or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with onions. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMustard-Apricot Pork Chops
"This was just ok, If I make it again, I would definitely grill rather than broil."
"Talk about easy and impressive!"
"The combination of sweet apricot preserves and tangy Dijon mustard is perfect for pork. I have also done something similar to this with blackberry preserves and bourbon. Exermom - I have a cookbook program that allows me to calculate the nutritional values based on ingredients, quantities & number of servings. It's usually close to recipes that have the info. Without the rice, this one comes out as follows: 365 calories, 9g of fat, 150mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, and 19g carbs. Hope the info helps."
"This looks really good. Wish it had the nutritionials, tho (sodium, etc)ferrettmama - "small minds use small words""
"We liked it. Even our picky eater. I'm having a little trouble with that last review.I can't take a review seriouslywen it comes from someone with such an extremely limited vocabulary. Perhaps she isn'tcapable of reading a recipe or following the directions correctly?"