My family thinks these juicy cheeseburgers are super deluxe, with or without a bun. Customize them with mushrooms, onion, bacon or a shot of hot chili sauce. —Susan Harju, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Recommended: 22 Ground Beef Skillet Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/3 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche or other hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion slices
- In a large bowl, combine green onions, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese; grill, covered, 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns; top as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Must-Have Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016